Ferdi has several advantages to Franz that make using Ferdi easier and better:
- Ferdi, as opposed to Franz, is donation-based and is not connected to a for-profit company. This way, we don't have any subscriptions or paywalls in our app
- Ferdi is much more privacy-conscious: We don't ship with analytics and all telemetry is opt-in only!
- Ferdi adds support for 30+ new services, now supporting over 100 services in total
- Ferdi adds tons of new features and bug fixes
- Ferdi is a lot more maintained. Franz barely gets any new features and bug fixes while the 70+ Ferdi contributors are constantly working on improving Ferdi
- Ferdi adds a portable Windows version, AUR and flatpak support
- You can use Ferdi without an account if you want to
- Ferdi's server is completely open source (https://github.com/getferdi/server), so you can verify what we do with your data
For a full list of the differences between Ferdi and Franz, visit https://github.com/getferdi/ferdi#what-makes-ferdi-different-from-franz.